So today I am feeling a little bittersweet about this whole job situation. Don't get me wrong, I am SO excited to be able to get out of the house more. I am excited to feel like a productive member of society but mostly I am just excited to help lift some of the weight of off poor Johns shoulders!
Today was the Christmas dinner for our ward, which was really fun! (John was Santa!!!...that will be a whole other blog!) but it was especially nice because I realized I am actually sort of starting to make some friends!!! It's about STINKING time, considering I have been here for 6 freakin months! I also just found out about all these different "groups" our relief society has basically on a daily basis; walking group, running group, zumba (i was really excited about that), and PROJECT GROUP which I am SUUUPER bummed about not being able to go to that!) They are all in the evenings and I will be working in the evenings and so I just feel totally depressed about it. But...i figure, we will be here for a whiiiiile longer, and someday we will have kids, and I wont have a job holding me down (hopefully John wont have a night job so he can watch the kiddos sometimes! and hopefully I will be able to go to those fun groups then, and make some closer bonds with some of the girls. Its hard to make a close bond just on sunday while sitting through lessons. Oh well, hopefully I will have SOME saturdays off. Now, I just need to work on this whole SHY crap that I have been dealing with my entire life...and this "social anxiety thing" that has been ruling my life for the past few years ...*siiiiiiiiggh*
anyways, I will have pictures of John in the Santa costume pretty soon. We got a pretty cute one :) It will be a week or so to get the pictures back though.
Hope everyone is doing well! Love you all!
Molly! Walking group is in the mornings. We walk around the Beasley Colliseum...you should totally come! I have been in Primary for so long it seems like I still don't know many of the people who have moved in over the last year!
ReplyDeleteYou need to go to http://kristafamily.blogspot.com/ to see the best picture involving John (aka santa...)
ReplyDeleteHI-STINKIN-LARIOUS!
ReplyDelete