Haha I can't wait to tell this story. John is so awesome!
So here is a quick backstory so that this is all easier to understand. I have a pretty significant obsession with tropical skittles. They aren't sold in a lot of places so they are pretty hard to find. When John and I moved to Pullman we found the ONE place in Pullman that sold them (dismores) and after a couple months, they stopped carrying them! It was tragic!
So here is the story....
Today, John went to work like always. On Johns first break he noticed that they had just stocked some tropical skittles into the vending machine! He texted me and told me about it but apologized at the fact that he had no money to buy me any. I told him if he came home skittles-less, that he was going to have a price to pay! (hehe) so this is what my AWESOME husband did...
During lunch, some of johns co-workers had brought doughnuts for everyone. Once lunch was over, they put a note on the doughnuts letting everyone know they were free for the taking. John, being the crazy sweets fanatic that he is, HID THE BOX OF DOUGHNUTS!!!! (when he told me this, I died laughing) he originally hid them so he could eat them later but instead...my thoughtful and resourcful husband decided to SELL these free doughnuts so he could get the 80 cents for my skittles. During his last break, John took the box of doughnuts out to some friends and said "hey, anyone want to buy a doughnut for 80 cents?" ... His friends proceeded by asking him "aren't those the free doughnuts that were sitting out?" HAHAHA he was caught red handed! Eventually, one guy said he would buy an apple fritter from him for $1 if John would split it with him (aw what a nice guy).
Anyways...that's the story...I think it is so cute. John never told his friends why he needed the money, so they probably think he is REALLY broke. It cracked me up.
I certainly enjoyed those skittles last night! Mmm Mmm Mmm!!!!
Thanks lover! You are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment