Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rice and Beans...Beans and Rice

John reminded me of a funny story today that I thought I would blog about. Mostly for my own memories but, also because it's funny, and I think everyone can relate...in some way.

When John and I very first moved to Pullman, we had basically spent all our money on moving, and we were just broke as broke can be. We went to the grocery store to get something to get us by for the next few days (before a paychek came) so we spent our last few dollars on some soup and some microwaveable noodles...

We went home to eat (we were STARVING from the move...two drives to and from Spokane in one day...) and when we arrived home, we went to heat up our food and realized we didn't have a microwave!!!!!! We also did not have our pots and pans yet because we had not completely unloaded our moving truck! It was hilarious. I dont remember what we did after that. I think we rounded up some change and went and got some bugers from the dollar menu.

Anyways, I am so thankful that even though I dont have a job, and even though we don't have the amount of money that we would like...we have food, we have a roof over our heads, a warm house and lots of love in our lives :) God is great :)

1 comment:

  1. I can remember when I had no money and the girls and I ate eggs and rice for every meal for like a month. It was awful, now I get sick just thinking about it. But we were the happiest at that time too, funny how that works. Glad your finger is cancer free! And I love the decorations, especially the vase by the door, super cute!!

    ReplyDelete