Monday, November 8, 2010

Here's to a nice, relaxing weekend!

This weekend was so nice! Well, with the exception of Saturday morning. I apparently caught the big flu that has been going around at our church. Luckily, it really didn't last that long. John felt like he might be fighting it off too, but as always, his body fought it off in a few hours. So most of Saturday was spent in our bed, John studied, and I mostly slept. It sucked to be sick, but was nice to just lay cuddled in bed with my husband all day! He was a great "serve" (aka- slave :)....My little sister called it "serve" as a child and we have adopted the wordage). Sunday was wonderful, despite sleeping in past church! Whoops! We woke up, cleaned the house a bit and I made some DELICIOUS banana-oat-coconut-white chocolate chip muffins!! Yummmiiie. I made a ton of them and they are almost gone. I love that my husband enjoys my baking....haha....Anyways, that afternoon Bice came into town (John's mom) which was GREAT! She actually has NEVER seen a place of ours so it was nice to have her in our home. We talked a lot and played Jenga which was HILARIOUS and so much fun. I have a video of it that is pretty cute, I will have to post in sometime (The camera was hidden, so the video is REALLY long....need to shorten it) Then we all went to bed (John was tired at 9!!! I guess it was technically 10 given day light savings but, still....we usually go to bed at 3am! And considering we didn't wake up that morning until 1 in the afternoon, i was shocked) John and I performed our nightly ritual of watching an episode of 24 and then we both PASSED OUT. We woke up at 7:00am which, I don't remember the last time that happened. John and Bice took Gunner for a walk while I made some scrambled eggs, sausage and cinnamon sugar toast, and we sat around and ate breakfast.

I really loved having her in our home, it felt so nice. She said she would have to come back and bring Simo (John's oldest sister) and I can't wait for that!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your last few posts! Its nice to have family come visit your home when you live away from them, and I just love Bice so that is even better for you. I liked your costumes and agree that they were prize material haha. Anyways, keep up the great posting....I am intrigued about the VLOGGING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeez. I am nervous to reveal our vlogs, because sometimes i act like a crazy goofball, but only around John...and now those moments are caught on tape! I also talk like a baby sometimes (who does that!?) annnnnd...thats embarassing enough as it is! lol But it will be fun 20 years from now to look back on

    ReplyDelete