Make a template.
I would normally just make a half template and then flip it but the cardboard happened to be the exact length I wanted so I just made the whole thing.
Step 2:
Trace it onto your wood (or MDF, pegboard, or whatever else you might use)
Step 3:
Cut out with a jigsaw
Step 4:
Forget to drill holes into the wood for the tufting and move on to the next step (only to create a bigger headache for yourself later)
....(I almost always make one big woopsie while doing these projects. This was it. Easily fixable though, thank goodness)
Step 5:
Take apart your super classy cardboard and ductape headboard that you made during tougher times....so as to use the batting. (While doing that, fling the old staples all over the garage so they ricochete all over the place and nearly take an eye out)
Toss the old ghetto headboard to the side.
This is where you would lay down your fabric, then batting, then foam, then board, and staple them all down.
Little different for me though. I had told john we would work on the headboard after the girls went to bed and John went to sign up for the gym and to the grocery store and took the girls with him. I couldn't NOT start the project then! So I just left a few things out so that we could do them together...hehe
So I only did the batting and foam
Next I ordered some nailhead trim and some buttons and I'm going to make the buttons and tuft, and then secure the trim down.
I haven't 100% decided if I want the nailhead trim or not. I'm on the fence. So while I wait for it to be delivered I guess I'll have some time to think.
This is the look I'm going for...
What do you think?










No comments:
Post a Comment