Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dancing, bunnies and DIY lights

Rounded the corners of our desks after a few accidents with Gianna. Also hung some shelves and made a slip cover for my sewing drawer. 

Gianna played Wii "just dance" with her cousin Aiden and it was HILARIOUS! Gianna LOVES dancing. So cute. Can't wait to put her in a dance class. 

John and I went to some garage sales the other day and has one bookshelf on our list. We left with 5! Haha 
Two of our bookshelf purchases went towards Gianna's room. 
Thank goodness! 
so much better than having everything all over the floor!
(Mom - notice the touch of my childhood EVERYWHERE!! Haha. There's some in my office space too. SOOO many bunnies)

Remember my old kitchen light that I HATED!
It totally belonged over a pool table. 
Well, we found a light at a garage sale for $5 and decided to buy it and just see if it worked. 
Well, it didn't, pooey!
So tonight I decided I couldn't look at it any longer and decided to jimmy rig a "slip cover" if you will, for the light. 
I knew it would still look ugly when the light was on, but it rarely is and it was just killing me...

I tied it down with string first. 
Then hot glued the edges down.

Unfortunately the scraps I had weren't long enough and so I had to make two seams :( but it worked out fine. 

Then I hot glued some white fabric on the inside. 

Didn't turn out half bad for being free 

Still hideous when the light is on though. Hehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment