Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Callings

I haven't accepted any callings in the past. 
I've been too intimidated, too pregnant, too transient or honestly, too lazy. 

When we moved to KY I told John that I would accept any calling and do my best. 
I expressed my concern to the bishop about callings and he told me he would let me settle in first without a calling, but asked me to give a talk. 
I did. 
the next week John was given a calling and during the time they were speaking with us about it the guy mentioned that I shouldn't have given such an awesome talk because they now had a "special calling" in mind for me. 
I wanted to puke. 
I had to wait 5 weeks to get that calling but I was called as the Relief Society first counselor. 
I almost peed my pants. 
It's only been a few weeks but it's already been uplifting and a lot of fun!
I'm so thankful for the woman I serve with and for the WONDERFUL ward family that we have become a part of. 
I'm thankful for this sometimes uncomfortable calling as I'm sure it will help me to develope a stronger faith and closer bonds with my sisters in Zion. 

1 comment: