Friday, November 30, 2012

Two word phrase

It has always bugged me just a little that Gianna struggled to learn "mama" and "daddy".
I wasn't worried, of course, i just wanted her to learn those words. 
She knew so many words and could physically say mama and daddy but didnt quite understand the meaning. 
Lately she has learned Daddy
(Mostly because I am constantly talking about daddy, and to daddy (using daddy as his name) and when he comes home from school I get excited and say Daddy is home! Daddy is home!
So recently when he comes home, she says "daddy, daddy!"
I showed her a picture of John and I the other day and she pointed at me and said "mama" and I think there has been one or two other times that she has said mama, but thats about it. 

Today though, as john was walking out the door for school
Gianna walked to the hallway, looked at John and said, "Bye-bye, Daddy!" and blew him a kiss. 

*GASP*

I couldn't believe it
My jaw hit the floor. 
A two word phrase! 
And with such understanding. 
It was a cool moment. 

Sometimes it amazes me all the words she knows. 
She is also getting really good at doing "tasks" for me.
Things like, "Go get your cup"
or "go give this to daddy"
...things like that. 
Pretty fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment