Last night, John and I were watching a movie to ring in our anniversary,
when suddenly I heard a horrid sound come from Gianna's room.
I popped up off the couch like a speeding bullet and looked at John with panic in my eyes but trying to tell myself that it was nothing.
He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "what? She coughed!".
I was still unsettled so I walked down the hall to check on her and as I did, I started to smell something FOUL!
I turned o
n the light and saw Gianna laying FACE DOWN in a huge (HUGE!) puddle of vomit.
Not only that but there were multiple puddles of vomit all over her crib.
Poor thing!!
I woke her up and gave her a bath while John cleaned up all the vomit.
(He is so awesome)
She puked a few more times after I got her dressed but luckily I managed to get her to puke into a bowl.
She was so out of it, it was actually kind of scary
Although, this was the first time shes been sick...ever, so I think i was a little shocked as it was.
She didnt have a temperature.
I finally got her to fall back to sleep on me and then we had her sleep in our bed that night
At first we just layed down a little towel in case she puked...
but we quickly learned that she likes to roll around (how could I have forgotten?)
So we eventually had to cover the entire bed with towels
She woke up and puked two or three more times during the night.
Once she was laying on her pack and started choking.
It was scary and I was so glad we had her sleep with us!
Not quite the way we planned on ringing in our anniversary!
(although John told me, "I am so excited!" when she got into bed with us. He loves cuddling with her.)
Ha.
Poor baby girl.
I used to sleep with my butt in the air like this. hehe
The next morning she was 100% fine
She doesn't look it, in this picture, but she was happy as can be and had LOTS of energy
Today was our actual anniversary and we decided to go to breakfast.
There was a 45 minute wait, but we waited and ended up with the biggest booth in the whole place.
HAHA!
We felt weird with the place being so crowded and us two and gianna sitting at a HUGE booth.
We didn't get too dressed up today....spent most of the day in our pajamas.....just how it should be :)
No comments:
Post a Comment