Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Political Post - Beware if you are easily offended or have a narrow mind

Yesterday was the Presidential Election and I can't say that I am not absolutely DEVASTATED by the results. 

I once posted a blog about how lazy and entitled people my age have become. 
(and people of all age ranges -- i just happen to see it daily in my age range the most) 
Taking advantage of every government funded program possible to get all the "THINGS" they want. 
new NICE clothes from expensive places, all the newest technologies, new cars, vacations...etc
I think most of them are well-intentioned or just aren't educated on the issue enough to REALLY realize what they are doing....so I try hard not to judge...
but when you are claiming you need help to buy a few basic items of grocery (i just use WIC as a random example) and then you buy a brand new car........
it BLOWS. MY. MIND. 
I am not judging the PERSON...but you better believe im judging the action. 
Its wrong. 
If i saw some lazy bum steal money from a hard working business man, I wouldn't judge that lazy bum, who knows whats going on in his life, but OF COURSE i would judge the action!
ITS WRONG

I got blasted by a lot of people for saying things like
"if you are on welfare or wic or food stamps, but just bought a brand new car, or iphone, big flat screen TV's, etc....you probably have money to buy your own cheese!"

IS THIS NOT TRUE?!
If you bought a car two years older, you'd be able to buy all the cheese you want for like 5 years!
It's ridiculous.

It may not have been the most graceful way of saying it, but I still believe and stand by what I said. 
Believe me, I KNOW there are people out their who NEED help and I am so happy that I am lucky enough to be able to help them....but when I look at those people who I am helping...and they are getting new tattoos (expensive!) and newer and more reliable cars then I have, and nicer/newer homes with more amenities and getting their hair done every few weeks and nails done, and going shopping for new clothes constantly and their children have the BEST and most expensive of toys/clothes and kid "gear"....I honestly want to scream. 
It makes me cringe inside
i am paying for all of that...FOR YOU...and I dont even have it!

Government funded programs are there to help you when you have NO OTHER OPTIONS
Not to help you get bigger and better THINGS.


It's ENTITLEMENT that has ruined our country and that is potentially going to give my children a more difficult and less fulfilling future. 

It's not necessarily democrats or republicans that are ruining it....its entitlement!
People listen to me talk about politics and think i am super conservative, but I think they would be shocked to hear some of the more controversial things I believe that lean WAY left.
It's not about left side or right side.
The thing people are forgetting is that just because you WANT one law to pass for your own selfish reasons....doesn't mean we can throw our country away to get it. 
But in the world we live in now....of ENTITLEMENT....people are willing to do just that. 
Or at least just not pay attention to anything except that ONE small thing.
Because after-all, they want it!

This is where my hatred with the abuse of government funded programs comes from.
Government funded programs should be a LAST effort when you are OUT of options , they arent for people who live comfortably (and MUCH better then the majority of people in the WORLD) and then say, "hey, look what I qualify for! Woohoo! More money for 'things'."

Ill get blasted for saying that....but is it NOT the truth!?
Government funded programs are there to help you when you have NO OTHER OPTIONS
Not to help you get bigger and better THINGS.


It needs to be fixed
Republicans AND Democrats alike have not fixed this HUGE issue.

I believe that entitlement is the mind set that has, and is, slowly destroying our country 
and I believe that this election is PROOF of that. 
sad sad day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Agree. Thanks for having courage to share it.

    ReplyDelete