So this might be too personal that I shouldn't be blogging about it but...I don't think too many people read my blog besides family and some close friends sooo....I'm going to go ahead and talk about it. It's therapeutic for me to talk (type) about stuff sometimes.
So, I have had a lump in my breast for the last few weeks. I waited to tell my doctor about it until my appointment since I just figured it was something pregnancy related, since I didnt have it the week before! Well, I told my doctor about it yesterday, and she was shocked at how "prominent" it was. So she recommended that I get an ultrasound on it....which I did today.
Well, I got the ultrasound and then the doctor apparently took a look at the pictures (from a different room) and then he came in. He asked the nurse "were you zoomed in a whole lot when you took these pictures" and she said "No, I wasn't zoomed in at all actually, It's just a very large tumor" .....WONDERFUL!
So then the doctor asks me a bunch of stuff about my family history...whether or not breast cancer runs in my family (it does...on both sides....WONDERFULLLLLLLL) Then he did his own ultrasound. Afterwards he talked to me about how he thinks it is a benign tumor called a "Fibroadenoma". But then he said "I am a bit uncomfortable saying thats all that it is, because there are some atypical things about the way this looks, that I have never actually seen before" (WONDERFULLLLLLLL) Apparently they normally look like this >>>

Just a black oval shape. But mine is slightly misshapen and also has lots of thick white lines running through it. He said that it COULD be related to pregnancy and hormones, but that he has never seen it before.....(WONDERFULLLL)
So I have to go in on Tuesday and get a biopsy. Uhg. I hate having to wait for things like this!
Anywho... on a lighter note the doctor also said "How far along are you" ....I told him I was 20 weeks, and he said "well you look like you're about 8 weeks!" .....That was the highlight of the whole appointment! Haha...It's always nice to hear stuff like that, even if he WAS lying! haha.
Yikes! I hope everything's ok!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you!! You know, pregnancy does weird things to your body. I had a "mole" on my side that randomly appeared when I was like 20-ish weeks too. I was too afraid to tell my dr until Thomas finally told her at Audrey's 2 week appointment. She didn't know what it was, and I had been freaking out forever about it. Turns out it's something that sometimes happens during pregnancy. M thoughts to you are, 1) be glad you told your dr this early because it may only have gotten more scary (mostly because you'd just stress over it), 2) DON'T, and I repeat, DON'T search the Internet. It will only make it worse. 3) Preisthood blessings are always good for peace. Your husband is a worthy priesthood holder for a reason. :)
ReplyDelete