Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Inconsolable

This is going to be one of those long rant-y blogs!

So I have been working on a little problem that I have....I baby the dogs too much when they get "hurt". They dont even really have to be hurt...but I just have a really soft spot in my heart for poor little innocent things that hurt themselves. I know that babying a child when it falls or something, isn't a great thing to do, so I have been working on this for a while and doing pretty well, I must add! Well, last night/this morning I had a "bit" of a relapse!

Last night, shortly after I had fallen asleep, I awoke to Zulu whining really loudly. I popped up out of my bed and grabbed my phone (for light). Zulu had apparently jumped off the bed (a big no-no) and was on the floor...BLEEDING from her incision! I freaked out a little, woke up John and we tried to fix her up. She went BANANAS! John was just holding her but something just was hurting her so she was scratching us both (we both have battle scars...John's way worse then mine) and she was yelping and screaming...Gunner was freaked out so he was barking. I think he thought we were hurting her because he started to get a little aggressive with both John and I. It was a mess! We had to call the emergency number for our vet and they told us to wrap an ace bandage around her for the night and just keep an eye on her. They said it could be nothing, or it could be really serious....GREAT! Her incision site was opening up a little and I was so freaked out and felt so guilty that I had caused her this pain!
Well, I had JUST packed our medicine cabinet all up that day so I had to go and dump out all the bags I had packed all the medicine and stuff in to find the ace bandage. We found it and wrapped her up...had to tie her to the bed with the leash so she couldnt jump down again...and then John went off to sleep. Well, I was super paranoid all night and so I stayed up the entire night! Making sure she was ok. In the morning...I'm not really sure what it was, but she just seemed weird to me, and was whimpering here and there, so I just freaked. I blame my raging hormones and the lack of sleep the last two nights, but I just started crying. i didnt know what to do for her. I didnt want to go to the vet by myself because I was afraid of what they might say (hahahha...looking back, i feel so silly!)
On the way to the vet I was completely inconsolable! John had to take some time off work and come with me. It was hilarious. We gave her to the vet, they took a look and then said "she looks great!" and with that...Zulu started acting like normal ol' wild and crazy Zulu!...That trickster!! I was still teary eyed and obviously having a hard time with it and I asked the vet "how am i supposed to keep her still for 10 days!?"....Then the vet said she would give us some sedatives... oh thank goodness! That eased my worries about a million times!

John laughed at me on the way home...I didn't think there was anything funny about the situation, and was even crying on the way home! haha....but now i can laugh and say SORRY JOHN!

So...now we are back home (besides John, who had to go back to work) laying in bed and all feeling much better :)

I still have to keep a close eye on Zulu so, I have to cancel my biopsy appointment...boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment