So...I have never really had any sort of hobby. I know that probably sounds really sad, and it is. Haha...You see, I haven't always been an active member of this church, and so "back in the day" my hobbies consisted merely of partying! Sad. I know.
Well, since I have become a member of the church (it will be 3 years in September) I have taught myself how to play the guitar, found a new love for reading, and now have taught myself how to crochet! Woohoo! Trying to develop my talents!
Anywho...this is my first project. Just a simple little baby blanket. And yes, it is blue! *gasp!*
When people ask me my color theme for our "nursery" (which I'm not even sure we will really have a nursery per-say) and I tell them blue..they about die! "Aren't you having a girl?!?!!" ....Well as a matter of fact, I AM! I am going to get SO much pink stuff from everyone, that I figure it will be just fine.
My color scheme is more girly then you think though. Robins egg blue - Yellow and Coral! That's girly enough? Right?
I think it's pretty. We will see how much coral stuff I can actually find. I might just have to stick with blue, yellow and pink...boooo.
Anywho....My next little craft project is going to be SO fun. I am using THIS tutorial to make some cute little one-sies. Only problem is, my craft store only had 3 colors of velveteen paint. White, Black, and green....WHA?! So I just got black, and ill have to make cute little flowers in pretty colors. How fun.
Those are really cute nursery colors. I really like the coral!!
ReplyDeleteLove love LOVE your nursery colors!! Just want to warn ya though, as someone who had one of her wedding colors Tiffany/robins egg blue... It's actually a little harder to find than you think! I love the idea of the combination of the 3 though! My sister made my crib bumpers and we have a pattern for a great one! It's so much cheaper to make your own nursery decorations! And they're exactly what you want! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so going to rock making some onesies next week! We can always get some spray paint in your colors for the nursery and make over some stuff to get your colors rollin!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin @ The Goodey Knot