I've finally talked John into letting the girls and I fly.
I feel slightly guilty but the girls would have made the trip hell!!
It'll be easier for everyone this way.
John and I just sold all 3 of our cars in the last 6 days.
Both vans and johns beloved maverick.
I will post a pic for memory sake.
John also hasn't let his mom sold this old 69 chevy truck for a while because he wanted it but he's finally coming to terms with letting that go too.
we have a sale pending for that one.
Tonight after we sold our car, leaving our family officially car-less we came to a funny realization...
We are homeless,
We are car-less,
We are job-less
Sounds scary right?
We were driving down the street and I said, "well, we couldn't even live in our car now if we wanted to"
We both cracked up and then realized what little we have and how safe and sound we still feel.
Every once in a while I think about it and panic but then I quickly realize we have plenty of money to find a home and family to stay with in the mean time. And we get to move to the area in the U.S. where we have always wanted to settle down but never really knew how we'd get there.
How lucky are we?!
We had accumulated several cars that we managed to sell quickly that have helped us inmensley along the way and will now help us to buy a fitting family vehicle when we get to KY.
And my husband has no issues getting jobs and is a fantastic provider.
as scary as it is to think about being homeless, car-less and job-less...it just makes me feel grateful.
I'm so grateful that John and I have managed to have two babies and have him go through school and move around like we have with paying only cash for everything.
No loans
No credit cards
No government assistance.
We are debt free and that alone gives us the ability to be homeless, car-less and job-less and have it not really be very scary or stressful. We live extremely frugally and have sacrificed a lot of little life luxuries or fun opportunities but in the long run it has created such financial peace in our lives which has brought a general peace to our lives too, and our marriage.
Someday (very) soon, I hope to have a home a job and a car, and I know we will, but until then we will celebrate our transient lifestyle by eating McDonald's dollar burgers and ice cream in the McDonald's parking lot in johns moms car and call it good :) (and thats exactly what we did!)
...it's the little things in life :)
So exciting!!!
ReplyDelete