So today I had my 36 week check up.
Heard some good news and some not-so-good news.....
blood pressure is great
no protein in urine
baby's heartbeat is great
I'm Group B negative this time which is AWESOME because I wont have to get the antibiotics like I did last time with Gianna.
I complained through my whole labor that my IV hurt worse than labor, so its nice to think i might get to be IV free this time!
My fundal height is right on track and baby is kicking a lot so those are all good things...
Im 2cm dilated which doesn't really mean much but is always exciting to hear that something is happening.
I was 3cm dilated with Gianna for three weeks though and 50% effaced.
This time im not effaced at all. boo.
Bad news is that I have magically only gained 10lbs.
I seriously dont know how this is physically possible with how big my belly has gotten, and my legs and butt as well!
UHG.
I have been asking the doctor at almost every appointment about my weight because I noticed I haven't been gaining much but she never seemed super concerned but today she all of a sudden is.
*eye roll*
She said because the baby is moving a lot and because my fundal height is measuring on track that things "should" be fine, but shes scheduling me for an ultrasound for next Tuesday just to check on babies size.
She said something about possibly having to "intervene early" if the baby is too small so that it doesnt become a still born.
That freaked me out....but i figured I would wait to ask questions until after the ultrasound, just so as to not freak myself out too much for the entire weekend, for no reason.
This was also the week they test for the Group B so I got the swabs done, and because of some weird fluid ive been leaking a bit, she also checked to make sure it wasn't my water.
It wasn't hurray....BUT....
She found "very high" white blood count in my cervical mucus which she said normally means you are fighting an infection but that I have zero sign of any sort of infection so we will "keep our eye on it", then she just sort of moved on....
the first thing that went through my mind, being the slight hypochondriac that i am, was cancer.
I thought to myself, doesnt high white blood cells sometimes mean cancer?
But gianna was being crazy and the doctor didnt seem overly concerned so we left.
Then I came home and made the BRILLIANT decision to google my symptoms.
uhg, bad idea.
Im now convinced I have cervical cancer.
HAHA!
Ok, not totally, but it could be a possibility.
Im only laughing because I am sure everything is fine but...it's still sort of scary.
Just yesterday I was telling john how one of my legs had been hurting really bad.
One of the symptoms it lists on webmd is pain in one leg!
WHAT?!
how random and weird....
*sigh*
John just rolled his eyes and told me to quit googleing.
Darn you, Google!
So...I am not feeling super peppy today and until Tuesday I may be a bit of a worry-wart.
Keep us in your prayers that everything goes well!
My husband has banned me from Webmd. It totally freaks me out. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteThinking about you! I'm a total spaz when I'm pregnant and worry about everything. Things always seem to work out right though.
ReplyDelete