Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Car theft christmas!

So I'm laying on my couch today looking out the window at the overflow parking of the express train by our apartment.
I often watch in hopes to see a robbery or car theft or something. 
HA. 
That sounds crazy but I am one of those people who enjoys listening to police scanners and my all time favorite show is Cops, hands down. 
Love it. 
John always teases me but guess what....
Today I witnessed an attempted car theft and it was AWEEEEESOME!!!!
So Im looking outside today and I noticed this guy trying to get into a car from the passenger side which i thought was odd because most people are just getting off work and just get right into their car...on the drivers side.
He was all hunched down and looking around so I kept a close eye on him because it obviously looked fishy.
Then I saw him walk around the car and take a necklace off and used a key to get right into the car no problem.
This alarmed me because I had a family member who years ago was on drugs and stole cars and one of the things he did was he had a necklace with a bunch of shaved down keys that would let him into cars. 
There are certain models of cars that if you shave down a key you can open a car door.
So at that point I ran and put a robe on (its hot people! I usually sit around in my G's all day! Haha) and ran out to my balcony to try and get a few pictures of the guy before he drove away and before I called the cops.
I got my robe on and ran out and the guy was punching something really hard in the passenger seat. 
I was SO freaked that it was a person or something but figured it was him trying to steal a stereo or what-not. 
But still was freaked....
Then I see this kid walking towards the car nonchalantly and as he walks up the guy in the car FREAKS, pushes the kid, jumps out and runs to another car. 
The Asian kid looks stunned and after a second ran after him but the guy had already made it to another car and backed up and seriously came an inch from the kid, the kid actually had to RUN backwards to not get hit! 
It was terrifying!
The poor kid was SO shook up, you could tell from a mile away.
At that point I ran back into my room and put on real clothes (HAHA) then ran back out to the balcony and yelled over to the kid that I saw the whole thing happen and gave him my number. 
Luckily a nice guy in the parking lot heard me yelling to the kid, "Did your car just get broken into!? I saw the whole thing" and the guy walked over to the kid and just totally comforted him. 
So sweet
Cops eventually came and turns out he was trying to punch out the ignition and glove box and the car that he "escaped" in was another stolen car from today!
WHAAA!?
I saw where the guy drove to so I yelled that info over to the cop and the cop went on a little hunt. 
They found the other stolen car in another near by parking lot so apparently he stole a car, then him and someone else drove two separate cars to another near by parking lot....where one guy then drove the stolen car to this parking lot, tried to steal this kids car but got caught and so he drove the first stolen car to another car waiting and left the stolen car there.
Pretty planned out.
CRAY-CRAY!
It admittedly was like Christmas for me but when the kid almost got hit i seriously think it almost put me into labor, i was SO scared for that kid, i might have even let out a little scream.
The guy backed up while obviously flooring it, it would have realllllly hurt the kid, if not worse. 
Gianna was coloring with chalk while I yelled across the street from my balcony to the kid and the cop but it was loud with all the cars around and so we were all yelling to each other 
(even though they both had my phone number...they could have called. HAHA)
so every once in a while Gianna would yell to them too.....it was so funny. 
She would yell "CARRRR!"
Or "THANK YOU SO MUCH" 
(because i was talking about a car....and the kid yelled thank you so much to me)
Anyways....Most exciting thing to happen in my life all summer. 
I should probably get a life....
HAHAHA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment