Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A rash and a hilarious squint

Gianna has EXTREMELY sensitive skin
It drives me crazy and has been the ONLY thing that makes me slightly paranoid.
She gets rashes if her face isnt washed VERY thoroughly after eating or drinking ANYTHING. 
I mean ANYTHING. 
Even milk, a skin CALMER, will give her a slight bumpy rash if it is not washed off immediately. 

This isn't a HUGE surprise given the fact that I have pretty sensitive skin, but NOTHING like Gianna. 

The reason it makes me a little paranoid is because I always chalk everything up to being a sensitive skin rash...and it takes me a bit longer to realize it's an ALLERGY!

I gave her strawberries a few times and never caught on to her being allergic until she got not one, but TWO diaper rashes after eating strawberries. 
After the first rash I figured it was an allergy, but because of her skin it took a lot of investigating and elimination diets to figure out that it was strawberries 
*Siiiiiigh*

Im a little worried today about peanuts. 
She has had peanut butter before with no side effects but I know as a baby, she can develop them. 

Remember that cute picture where she had peanut butter all over her face? 
Today she woke up with an awful rash all over her face. 
Is is sensitive skin?
Is it an allergy?
WHO KNOWS!
But for now, peanuts are off limits for this girly. Im just too paranoid. 

The ONLY thing that makes me think it's not peanuts is the fact that the spot where her binky sits around her mouth is the only place without a rash. 
If it was an allergy, it would probably be everywhere regardless, right?

uhg. 

So it makes me think, well, maybe it's a teething rash and her drool is irritating her...but then why is the rash all over her eyes too?
It looks exactly like the strawberry rash.

The doctor we were going to wouldnt test for allergies, just had me do the elimination diet but im getting pretty sick of this paranoid feeling and sick of gianna getting rashes!

They dont seem to bug her at all but it makes me worry that something internal is going on. and then i just have to "wait and see" if she gets a bad diaper rash. That's just not ok with me.

Our doctor moved so we have to find a new one anyways...so maybe the new one will actually listen to me, and test her!


Usually if it is just an irritation, then I had a remedy. 
NIPPLE CREAM!
HA...i know, it's weird but it works and its ok if it gets in her mouth and doesnt bug her if it gets into her eyes

so i rub that stuff EVVVVERYWHERE all over her...after a few hours the rash will be almost gone.....


Here is to hoping that the rash she has today is gone in a few hours


*Funny story*
Ok...I was trying to get a picture of Gianna's rash for the blog
My iPhone just wasn't doing the trick. 
there is no flash and i thought i needed one. 
So i whipped out the "real" camera. 
Anytime I get out the camera, gianna gets really excited 

On our camera, when the flash is on a little orange light turns on right before the flash. 
Gianna ALWAYS squints but it also makes her laugh. (which always ends up a great picture)
It's hard not to catch her squinting. it cracks me up...

Here's the funny part
After taking a few pictures with the flash, i turned the flash off.
when our flash is off, NO lights go on at all. 
More importantly, no little orange light that makes her squint...
but she anticipated it...
and so I got a bunch of squinty pictures with no flash...
HAHAHAHHAHAHA
This girl knows how to ease my worry and make me laugh.






That's some SERIOUS anticipating! 
hahahaha

(the pictures on my iphone ended up taking better pictures of the rash)



(ok maybe i am just giggly today but does this picture make anyone else laugh? Check out her EYES! hahhahahahahahahhahah oh my gosh)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly!! So sorry to hear that Gianna is having allergy issues. I can relate. I have a laundry list of food allergies, including peanuts. Just wanted to let you know that the rash not being right around her mouth doesn't necessarily mean anything. If she starts getting hives, itching badly, coughing, wheezing, trouble breathing, etc. then get her to the Dr, ER or call 911 quick. Maybe give her some baby benedryl as well. Don't want to mess around with anaphylactic shock. I'm no expert but have lived with this since childhood. Shoot me a message on FB if you want to chat more :) She's such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete