Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A real blog!

UHG.
I have been such a bad blogger lately. My desire to blog is sort of being over taken by my desire to find a home in KY, find a couch that might be available by the time we get there and also find a washer/dryer. Also by the desire to visit family before we leave WA and to spend time with my husband who although is around all the time, is normally busy helping get his moms house packed up and all that goes with that.

I admittedly spend most of my time taking care of the girls and feeling sorry for myself that I have to move yet again and that I yet again am currently living somewhere with all of my stuff packed away (it's been a YEAR of living out of a suitcase people....I'm over it....I want my stuff!)

So with all of that being said, today I decided I need to blog an update about the girls. 

--Evelyn--

Doesn't like bananas
Likes pears
Loves peas
Especially likes peas and pears mixed together (if you add a tiny bit of banana she will spit it out. I think bananas were Gianna's fav. Weird)

Loves biting things (...ouch)
Giggles and smiles constantly

was sleeping through the night but wakes up often now. Not sure what's going on there....

She's in 6 month clothes (some pants are too tight. She's got her mommies thighs, poor girly)

She's having some issues with her tear duct being clogged. Which makes her eye all goopy and red. Makes her look like she has pink eye. 

She loves crinkly sounds like a top ramen bags. So if I'm busy cooking or cleaning and she is especially whiney, I just toss her a bag of top ramen. I'm such a good mom.

She can easily roll from belly to back, and has recently rolled from back to belly a few times 

Can sit by herself unsupported for a few seconds 

Absolutely loves when I make shadow puppets for her. It's becoming a fun morning/night time tradition

She recognizes her name and I'm pretty sure she recognizes the names "Nona" and "daddy" 



--GIANNA--

If someone is sick she says, for example "Nona sick, Nona sad. I want to make Nona happy!"
So sweet

She calls sparkles "specials". I correct her but I sort of think "specials" is way more fun  

She used to dance by just shaking her arms. Now she hopes in circles while shaking her arms :)

She loves to act like a doggie and fully commits by not speaking and only barking. Even when she is actually trying to get you to do something specific for her. lol 

If she sees that someone is going to sit down she rushes over and steals their seat. She did this when my mom when she visited us in AZ but now does it constantly. Sometimes I'll rock Evelyn to sleep and then go to move her to her little bouncer chair and I'll be 3 inches from laying Evelyn in the seat and Gianna will rush in and push us out of the way while giggling. It wakes Evelyn up but it's cute 

If she refuses to clean something up, all I have to do is start singing the clean up song from Barney and she cleans up. If I stop singing, she stops cleaning 

Loves oranges/cuties 

If we are playing with Evelyn in any sort if way, Gianna will hover around and say "Me too, me too" until we do the same thing with her. Its fun 

She's constantly singing songs 


My favorite words that she says are squirrel which she always says in a "oh isn't if so cute" voice (I don't know how else to explain it)

And the word Hexagon. She says "heck-it-suh-gone". 

And then of course special for sparkle :)

She's so much fun. So smart and so sweet but man...the terrible twos are kicking this moms butt....

No comments:

Post a Comment