Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Random blogs

SOOO bad at blogging about stories and Evelyn's different accomplishments lately. Ah!

I keep a list on my phone of things to blog about and it's gotten way too long so I may just do a quick jot-down of all of them

When we moved to Tucson we drove past what looked like a little coffee stand. I was in shock because there were literally 15-20 cars ON EACH SIDE of this little stand. It wrapped around this parking lot and was just insane.
We turned the corner and I realized (sadly) why everyone was loving on this "coffee" stand.
It was called a "tobacco barn" and sells a bunch of different tobacco products. 
It was so weird. 

We live in a retirement community town and everytime we go somewhere there's old people ooing and awwing over our kids. It's cute :)
I always think those old people must me missing their kids/grand/great grand kids.
And in some cases, surely, there great great grand kids....hehe


During "monsoon" season, when we first got to AZ, it would rain really hard for an hour or so, but the first rain of the season, John and I looked out the window for some reason during the rain and realized allllllll our neighbors were either out on their balcony staring in awe or out running in the rain. 
Oh Arizona....

Gianna refused to sit in her booster chair at the kitchen table for a while. She wanted a "big" chair. 
It made meals VERY messy since she couldn't quite reach but I eventually talked her back into sitting in her chair. Yay. 
She's getting to that point though where she really wants to do things herself and do "big kid" stuff. 
It's interesting to watch it develope.

Evie much prefers her hand over a binky. It's cute but sooooo frustrating. Gianna knows and uses the phrase, "take the binkyyyy!!!!"

John has this saying he says when someone is being impatient. He says "hold on to your butt!"
He said it to Gianna the other day and she grabbed her butt and looked at him like, "ok, what now?"
We both died laughing.

this is an embarrassing realization for me but did you know roadrunners are small?! 
I had no idea, I thought they were like ostriches!! (Probably from the roadrunner and coyote show I assume).
So the other day john and I were driving and I glanced into this field and saw a little bird that looked like a roadrunner. 
I squealed, "OMG! Are roadrunners small?! I think I just saw a roadrunner!!"
John laughed at me, but seriously, am I the only one who thought they were big? Haha 

Last Sunday at church they combined the two nursery classes because they weren't very full. So they sent Gianna with new teachers.
Apparently no one told them her name and when I picked her up, the two teachers handed me her coloring page and sort of shrugged and said "did we get her name right?"
I looked and it said "Jenna" at the top. Haha! 
He said, "we asked her and the other kids what her name was but couldn't figure it out, this was what we came up with"
Hahaha.
she does pronounce her name "John-uh" (which is actually the correct Italian pronunciation) which I suppose sounds like Jenna.
He said "she might be calling herself Jenna for a while..."
So we have "Jenna's" art work hanging on the fridge now :)

Evelyn rolled over today for the "first" time.
Well, she rolled over once at the doctors office when she was like 6 weeks old but it was a fluke because it never happened again until now. 
We were told by the doctor to do tummy time for at least 30 mins every day.
We are bad, because Evelyn seriously got MAYBE three minutes a day. Maybe.
She just HATED it. Gianna never loved tummy time either but it wasn't AS traumatizing for her as it clearly was for Evelyn.
So I'd usually put her down, she'd IMMEDIATELY cry and I'd leave her there for about a minute until she was hysterical, I'd do that maybe twice a day.
Then today I laid her down for tummy time and she didn't immediately cry. 
I was shocked.
I watched as she just looked around at a few things for maybe a minute and then she started to just get a bit fussy.
I thought, "oh great, here we go"
Then she rolled over.
Whaaaaat?
So I rolled her back over and she did it again.
I thought, surely this must be another fluke so I rolled her back over and put her arms in an awkward position for rolling over to see if she would adjust them and roll over.
She did. Over and over and over.
We've got a rollie pollie on our hands now! 
Go Evie!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment