It's true.
I hate cleaning...I "straighten up" a lot...but I despise all the REAL cleaning that needs to be done.
I hate doing laundry. Not so much DOING the laundry but folding it...and then putting it away
I also DESPISE doing dishes.
More so because we dont have a dish washer...
But lately the most annoying thing to do for me has been COOKING DINNERS.
UHG!
I hate the mess it makes.
I hate the time a lot of meals I make take
I hate all of the dishes that have to be soaked and scrubbed afterwards...
i just HATE it!
So, shamefully, for the last 2 or 3 months, i haven't made very many dinners.
We have had a lot of canned soup/chili
lots of cereal
lots of sandwiches (poor john!)
I dont know why, but i just couldnt bring myself to make dinners
Two weeks ago I just got really annoyed with myself and decided to make dinner
Problem being, we had very little food in the house (nothing new!)
So I threw something together.
I put 1 can of cream of chicken soup into the crock pot, added a package of chicken gravy, a little water, and mixed it all up. Then i threw two completely frozen chickens in the crock pot and cooked it.
later i heated up a can of green beans and made some minute rice....
I know it sounds ridiculous.
Talk about dinner from a can...
but I just have to say, I have made dinner EVERY night since i realized this was all possible. ha.
YAY for discovering the crock pot!
John was in seventh heaven.
Since then I have made pretty much the same dinners but just mixed up the ingredients adding different soups/gravys/veggies/meats
its been AWESOME
Ive always thought about making some of those freezer crock pot meals but didnt realize how awesome they could be until recently...
ALSO...has anyone seen the pin on pinterest where you use your kitchen aid to shred chicken?
HOLY CRAP does it work!
I couldnt believe it!
I made chicken tacos in the crock pot (chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning.....SO delicious)
I made chicken tacos in the crock pot (chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning.....SO delicious)
After it was cooked and while hot, you just stick the chicken in your crock pot with the paddle attachment and turn it to a 6.
WAH-LAW
Watch in amazement as your chicken is perfectly shredded in less then 10 seconds!
Welcome to every day of my life! Haha this seriously could be any blog I could have written over the last four years. I keep finding more and more reasons why I'm so glad that we're friends ;)
ReplyDeleteI would use the crock pot more in my cooking repertoire if it didn't require prior planning. Haha I always forget to actually put what I planned on cooking into it until like 4:30 or 5... Which by then is too late :)
So nice to find something that helps you to feel more domestic!! Crockpot365.blogspot.com has GREAT slow cooker ideas.