Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another trip to Pullman

Well, we took another short drive to Pullman today. They are starting to feel longer and longer each time we make the drive. The windy roads really don’t do me any good as I get EXTREMELY car sick. Today was by far the most car sick I have been in YEARS! We drove my dads’ car, so maybe that had something to do with it, who knows. Why my dads’ car you ask? Well, the bikes that I BEGGED John to get for us just 6 weeks ago…we sold! HAHA! We bought the bikes and really liked them, they would have been great for exercise but we really didn’t think about the lack of space we would have in an apartment in Pullman. So, here we are 6 weeks later, selling the bikes we JUST bought! It is ok though because we didn’t loose much money on them.

Anywho, the whole reason we went to Pullman today was because John had an interview! YAY! MONEY MONEY MONEEEY…MOOONEY! John interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering laboratories for an event coordinator position (or something like that…I don’t exactly know the title) but ultimately it is the same thing he did before when he worked for the president of WSU. So he is a pretty good candidate. Everyone keep him in your prayers! The interview seemed to go pretty good so we will be keeping our fingers crossed. After the interview we met up with a potential roommate that we had been talking with via the phone and internet. He seemed like a pretty good guy and I think he wouldn’t be hard to live with…we all met up with Mrs. Woo and went to see the apartment. John and I had earlier looked into some other options and found some much better deals. Cheaper and MUCH nicer places inside. So after checking out Mrs. Woo’s place, we went and looked at some others. Turns out DIRECTLY across the street from where John interviewed there are some great apartments for DIRT cheap. John and I really want this place so we are going to put a hold on it (it is the last one available) while we look for roommates, but the hold only gives us 2 weeks to do so! Ronnie (the potential roommate) is also looking into other options for himself, but we hope that this will work out.

Even more exciting news!!!...

John emailed the department that is in charge of finding housing for foreign students and we have a guy from China who speaks fluent mandarin that is interested in being a roommate also. He wouldn’t be able to come until a bit later in the semester but with rent being so cheap, it shouldn’t be too big of a deal. It could be SOOOOO great for John so have someone who is FROM China and speaks fluent mandarin to help him learn! We are both really excited about it and we pray that it works out for us!

So, we accomplished quite a bite today. I am surprised to say this but that I cannot WAIT to be living in Pullman finally and to have a job meet some good people and just be a normal young couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment