Thursday, April 23, 2015

Flowers, groundhogs and forts

When I'm having a bad pregnancy day, I try to nap when the girls do. I bring in some snacks so that when they wake up, they can snack and watch a show while I still rest. 

Dangers of cooking while preggo! I think this was 32 or 33 weeks. Almost 35 now! 



Checking out the fishies at the doctors office 


First dandelion of the year :)



She came in WAY early from her nap and said "stuck. Shirt. Off."
she gets herself into the silliest predicaments. 

Gianna screamed at the top of her lungs that there was a beaver outside eating our tree. Without looking I told her it was a squirrel (she has called squirrels raccoons, chipmunks and skunks...I figured this was a similar situation) she screamed again and said "no mom!!! It's a beaver! Look!" So I looked. It wasn't a beaver but closer to a beaver than a squirrel! Hello Mr. Groundhog! He was a lot bigger than he looks in this picture. Freaked me out. 

At cousin Aiden's soccer game!

Flower picking girlies 

"I picked these flowers for you because I love you"
Heart. Melted. 


There was this other little girl at the park. Gianna desperately wanted to play with her so I told her to go ask. She stood awkwardly by for a while until I nudged her to ask. She VERY quietly asked if she wanted to play and the girl didn't hear her. Gianna looked so defeated. Made me sad. Eventually I got the little girls grandpas attention and Gianna asked him. She was so excited that the girl said yes :) and off they went to pick flowers. 

We spent all day outside this day (which resulted in some nice sunburns...)
We planted flowers and laid down mulch. I planted some of my garden and I mowed then lawn while john moved some pallets around and weed whacked (pallets are for a potential project of mine but I may have taken on too much this time...)
This is me taking a little rest... I enjoyed the warm sunshine :)


Our front lawn looks a million times better than when we moved in! 

John loves laying on the floor but can't do so without being climbed on. Hehe cracks me up. the second he lays down the girls come-a-running!

John built a fun fort!

And then modified as it slowly fell down. Hehe 

The girls had a blast.

Picking berries off the tree on a chilly morning while mommy cuts up the pallets with a jigsaw (noooot the right saw but all I had! Took forever)

Was feeling TERRIBLE this day. Evelyn was being a nightmare and I had said no to something. She cried so I turned over to ignore her for a few minutes (worlds greatest mother) and after a while I thought she had left. Then Gianna came over and asked why Evelyn was sleeping. Ha! I was shocked. 

But it meant that she didn't nap at nap time.... And was full of energy! 

Sad faces because daddy had a late night so we ate dinner without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment