My computer is dying.
It's true.
Its old.
The computer I currently use for my business is 8 years old and although I love this computer, there are some major issues with it and lately it has been displaying the "blue screen of death!" We have taken our computer to a "computer doctor" several times over the years, but it's just getting old and worn out now.
These are a few of the other issues:
--It has trouble turning on after it turns off. (Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 restarts as it only gets about halfway through the start-up process and then freezes. To turn off i have to unplug and take out battery.)
--It won't hold a charge for more then 15 minutes even with a new cord and battery
--I go through at least two batteries and 3 or so charging cords a year. This all adds up, financially.
--It also is experiencing difficulty displaying certain color hues.
--There's is a huge patch of dead pixels right in the middle of the screen (as well as little ones all over)
--it overheats to the point of sometimes feeling like it will burn me. Scary, I know.
--The screen has even been held together for years with duct tape. My computers software is too old to install almost all of the newer editing software so I am stuck using old and outdated software.
All of these things make editing a nightmare and puts a limit on what I am able to do and learn. I am hoping to replace it with something newer (preferably a MacBook Pro Retina Display....but have you seen the price of those?! I could buy a new car...) that will help my love of photography, my eagerness to learn, and my business to flourish.
Since this computer wont last long I have backed everything up, but I might as well upload a bunch of the pictures I have stored on this computer and haven't had time to upload in the last couple of months. Enjoy.
Until we are rolling in the dough, it is likely that I may have to close my little business down :( I wont close until my computer really stops working but I am betting that it will be soon. Im pretty sad about it.
(Actually, some of these I might have uploaded, im not sure...)










No comments:
Post a Comment