Thursday, March 10, 2016

The ring story....

My ring has been bothering me for a few weeks. A month or so ago, I told John that I didn't think I could get it off, so I tried and it came off. Not too difficult but took the help of soap. 
The other night I woke up at 2:30am with horrible pain in my finger. It doesn't look nearly as bad as it felt. Eventually I couldn't bend my finger and it just was awful. 
I googled every which way to get it off and tried them ALL!
Lotions
Oils
Soaps 
Dental floss trick (I also tried it with thread, plumbers tape, elastic, a headband.)
Icing it
holding it above head
Even soaking it in Windex, which apparently people swear by. 
I even tried hemeroid cream! Ha. 


I tried to rest it between each try but it wasn't even budging the SLIGHTEST bit. It was obvious it needed to be cut off. 


So, the morning came and we took a drive over to the local fire department where they happily cut off my ring with a special little tool. The ring didn't even get damaged besides the obvious cut. Should be able to be resized easily. :) yay. 

My finger hurt ALL day. Even to bend it still. 

Still hurt the day after too!

The girls got some hats, crayons and some really cool heat reactive pencils. 

Today is the third day and it feels better. Phew!
Gianna (of course) drew a picture of the experience. The squares are ice cubes with my finger sticking out of them. Ha. The yellow arm is mine (you can see the tiny little red ring on my finger) and the red arm is the fire fighters arm. 
You can see that there is a fire under our hands. That's for dramatic effect I believe. Don't worry, they didn't burn it off. 
There's also a little picture on the side of Gianna in her fire hat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment