So we were going through some boxes yesterday and I found this piece of paper with the words "hottie pass" written on it...it made me think about a fun "pre-dating" memory of John and I. It's one of my favorites, so i thought I'd share!
So John and I had been hanging out just about everyday, all day long and one day, we decided to attend an activity night where all the single wards in the area got together and had some sort of activity to do. Well, this time we played the game "singled out". If you are not familiar with it, here is a little description. There used to be a show on MTV called "singled out" it was a dating show, of sorts, where there would be one guy (or girl) who sat behind a screen so that the "players" wouldn't be able to identify that person, and then there would be a group of the opposite sex on the other side of the screen playing to win a date with the mystery person! So the whole point is, the mystery person will answer a bunch of questions about his or her likes and dislikes, and then as the players answer the questions about themselves the people that matched get to move forward and the people who didn't have to do a "walk of shame", if you will. However, there is a "hottie pass" and so as the losers do there walk of shame in front of the mystery person, that mystery person is able to send ONE person back to keep playing the game. Hope you are still with me...
So, here is OUR "singled out" story. basically John had invited me to go to this activity with him. I wasn't too keen on going but as always, for me, being with John trumped any activity that we were attending, so I went. We get to the building, not knowing what game we were playing and we were told to put our names into a bowl. Well, I really didn't want to play any sort of game so I didn't put my name in the bowl until I was CONVINCED by john that I should. So I went back up and put my name in the bowl. So they ask all the men to leave the room and they pull the very first name out of the bowl...IT IS MY NAME!!!! I am laughing inside and also cursing John but I put on a smile and go up onto the stage. I am tbe mystery girl. So they sit me in this big cozy red chair and they bring all the guys back onto the stage and the game begins. John says that he noticed I wasn't in the audience but that he figured I had gone to the bathroom or something. So, they ask all sorts of questions like "chocolate or vanilla?" "cats or dogs" and things like that. I seemed to be weeding through people pretty good....i would get 3 or 4 people doing the walk of shame after each question but then the BIG question came..."Harry potter or Lord of the Rings" ....I HAD NO IDEA! I had seen bits and pieces of each but really had no preference so I thought about one of the coolest guys I know, my brother, and remembered how obsessed with Lord of the Rings he was and so I chose that. Everyone GASPED when I chose lord of the rings because apparently there wasn't many lord of the rings fans and about 25 guys began to do the walk of shame. All the guys that had walked it before had just sort of walked by...nothing special. But there he comes John. He pops his collar and starts walking in front of me with this "gangsta" walk and with his "I'm so sexy" eyes. So I, of course, pull out the hottie pass. I had planned on using it for John because he is the only guy I wanted anyways but when I pulled it out everyone started hooting and hollering and cheering, it was so funny. No one really knew that John and I spent so much time together so they just thought that some random girl had pulled out a hottie pass for this guy who was strutting his stuff. So long story short...the last question was answered and there was only one person standing. I knew it was John because he never had to do the walk of shame again, and he knew it was me because I gave him the hottie pass so it was no surprise when, after being stood back to back, when I turned around there he was. We hugged and walked off stage, they gave us a cold stone gift certificate which was GREAT considering John took me there twice a day! (I never want cold stone again!)
Anyways...it was so fun to know that out of ALL the guys that were there that night, John was MY match! I knew it before the game, and I think john still questioned it after, but it wasn't long until I was his girlfriend...and then wife! I got some mean glares that night! I lot of jealous girls..but it didn't bug me one bit, I was the one who showed up WITH John, John was my singled out match, and I left with him too!!! It might have taken John a while, but I knew he would be my husband from day one, and apparently so did the "singled out" gods!
No comments:
Post a Comment